Published

CIMIC Group’s collective rail expertise has secured another major project win with Cross River Rail, Queensland's highest priority infrastructure project.

Showcasing the value and advantage of our whole-of-life capability, Pacific Partnerships, UGL and CPB Contractors, as part of the Pulse consortium, will build a new 10.2km rail line, including 5.9km of tunnel under the Brisbane River.

We'll also be building four new underground stations at Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street and Roma Street, and delivering upgrades to Dutton Park and Exhibition stations.

As Australia’s premier rail infrastructure and services provider, we will finance, design, construct and maintain the new tunnels and rail stations, in partnership with the State Government, to deliver world class rail assets and services for South East Queensland.

Michael Wright CIMIC Group Chief Executive Officer

Our congratulations go to everyone involved in the tunnels and stations contract bid across Pacific Partnerships, UGL, CPB Contractors and EIC Activities. What a huge effort.

Unlocking the bottleneck

  • CIMIC Group led the development of the $5.4bn project’s proposal which will create a turn-up-and-go transport network for all of South East Queensland.

Finance

  • Lead sponsor Pacific Partnerships will provide 49% of the equity finance, with the remaining 51% to be provided by DIF, BAM PPP PGGM and Ghella Investments & Partnerships.

Design and build

  • CPB Contractors will deliver the design and construction in a joint venture with Ghella, BAM International and UGL.

Maintain

  • UGL will also provide maintenance services for the project over 24 years.

Revenue

  • Revenue to the CIMIC Group is approximately A$2.73 billion.

Learn more about the Regional Rail project in CIMIC Group’s announcement here.

Rail, Integration and Systems package

CPB Contractors and UGL have also been chosen as preferred contractors, as part of the UNITY Alliance, to deliver the Rail, Integration and Systems package of the Cross River Rail project.

Photo flashback July 2018: The UNITY Alliance bid team unite in CPB Contractors’ Brisbane office ready to finalise their successful Cross River Rail’s Rail Integration and Systems (RIS) package submission, one of two major packages of work won by CIMIC Group companies CPB Contractors and UGL. The RIS package of work will ensure seamless delivery of the essential support works and systems that facilitate the operation of Cross River Rail, complimenting the design and construct PPP that will deliver the Tunnel, Stations and Development package.

Watch the Cross River Rail Project Overview 2019

Give it a thumbs up

Enjoyed this article? Let us know! The most recognised articles will appear on the home page.

59
59